Home security lighting will enhance your sense of safety when spending outdoors.
Your well-lit home will provide security by discouraging trespassers and is less likely to be broken into. Residents that use outdoor lighting as part of their security plan significantly decrease their chances of being burglarized.
Here are some general guidelines we suggest you follow when installing a residential security lighting system:
- Choose locations where the light fixtures cannot be tampered with easily
- Use wire covers to protect the light fixtures
- Adjust the light fixtures so they point down to your property, not the street or your neighbors
- Test the light fixtures’ sensitivity to motion and adjust accordinglyhttps://genes
Add curb appeal, safety, and security to your home with outdoor security lights. A well-designed security lighting system can intimidate would-be intruders while giving you a peace of mind.
As a homeowner, you want your outdoor lighting to be aesthetically pleasing. Then, you want this to help you and guests to safely navigate the landscape and the perimeter of your home. Lighting will help guests identify obstructions and potential hazards such as a change in elevation.
MAINTAINING OUTDOOR SECURITY LIGHTS
To ensure safety and security. Follow these maintenance tips:
- Clean dirty lenses with a soft cloth and mild soap
- Replace burned out bulbs
- Replace broken or damaged light fixtures
- Replace damaged electrical components such as photocells
- Prune bushes and shrubs near door and windows
- Trim tree branches to prevent light obstruction
- Remove signs of vandalism